Sources of Funding
- AngelList has an excellent database of 351 angels resident in Spain and 3,157 angels interested in investing in Spain.
- ESBAN is the Spanish association of business angels
Spanish State Support for Startups
- AXIS is a venture capital fund owned by the Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO), a state-owned bank. It manages or actively participates in four funds:
- FOND-ICO Global – promotes the creation of VC funds investing in Spanish companies at all developmental stages.
- FOND-ICOpyme – provides finance and long-term business vision for firms’ expansion plans.
- FOND-ICOinfraestructuras – participates in projects involving transport infrastructure, energy, social aspects and services.
- Fondo Isabel la Católica – provides equite to Business Angels and other non-institutional investors to promote the financing of innovative companies.
- Chamber of Commerce The local Chambers of Commerce in Spain (Cámaras de Comercio) offer free business advice and support for entrepreneurs and may also offer financing grants.
- CIRCE The Information Centre & Business Setup Network (Centro de Información y Red de Creación de Empresas -CIRCE) is an online portal that makes it possible to setup various forms of organisation online.
- DPYME The office for small and medium sized businesses. May provide financing grants depending on type of business.
- Enisa Enisa provides financing lines to small and medium sized Spanish companies with innovative or transformative growth prospects.
- Invest In Spain is a website geared towards outside investors interested in developing their business in Spain but has some useful. albeit high-level, information for anyone considering starting a business in Spain. It also includes a comprehensive Guide to Business in Spain. Information is in Spanish or English.
Other useful links
Photos and Images
There are a number of websites where you can get images, graphics and photos for free that can in most cases be used for commercial applications under a Creative Commons License. These include: Pexels and Pixabay.
Economic, Market and Industry Data
- The Spanish Economy – Government run website that provides information on the overall economy and public finances.
- Instituto Nacional de Estadistica – National statistics office with a wide range of statistics and good coverage of macro economy and tourism industry.
- DataComex – Spanish and EU trade data.
- Tourspain and Exceltur – provide detailed data on the Tourism industry in Spain.
- Funca – A think tank that provides sectorial analysis reports
- ANFAC and Faconauto – for data on the Spanish automobile industry
- APPA – provides data on the renewables industry in Spain